The clock tower was built in 1928/29 as a water tower to supply the SINGER sewing machine factory. The clock of the tower is still considered to be one of the largest tower clocks in Europe. The original mother movement is no longer there. The clock is controlled by radio from the Braunschweig Physical Institute. In an exhibition, visitors learn a lot about sewing machine production and the life and work of the employees in the plant. Original sewing, knitting and ironing machines are presented there. A special exhibition on the upper floor provides information about Isaak Merritt Singer and SINGER AG.