The Gothic church dates from the late Middle Ages. It was rebuilt in baroque style in 1750/52. An inscription commemorates Count Gerhard of Hoya "Greve Gerde was milde un rike..." It served as a burial place for the counts of Hoya in the early times. The church is rarely used for worship today. In addition, marriages still take place there. The hall church consists of: the short, plastered nave the Gothic, three-sided closed, Gothic choir made of bricks, the walls of which are supported by buttresses, and to which the sacristy was attached to the south, and the western bell tower from 1828 with slate-covered helmet, the tower clock The interior of the nave and the choir are covered by wooden barrel vaults. The pulpit altar was created by Johann Friedrich Ziesenis in 1754/55. The apostles are depicted on the parapets of the galleries. Noteworthy are some tombstones from the Gothic period.