In earlier times, a flour mill was an almost indispensable part of a village's food supply. The miller occupied an important position in the village community. In many cases he was a tenant of a flour mill and the local nobility, an inn or a town council owned the mill.
The mill De Duif in Nunspeet, formerly called Veelhorster Mühle, was owned by the influential Feyth family from Elburg in the 17th century. In 1733 the mill was bequeathed to the Feithenhof Foundation by will. The Feithenhof leased the mill and the mill house to a miller.

Our premium partners

info(at)mein-platz.com Fon: +49 (0)8142 506721